Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Anybody out there?

Is anybody out there? Is this thing on? O.K., here goes. This year we have some exciting services launching that have been long overdue (yes, this is where between friends you can say "like the Red Chair Project website") and one that is new to our list of programs, Orlando Arts Getaway. We are also trying to eliminate services to better focus on being really good at a few things as many service organizations (and we are guilty of this) want to try to plug all the holes in the dam called the arts community. Since I can't literally talk to everyone in person everyday and there is enough information and misinformation bandied about to almost warrant that effort, why not blog? We at the Alliance error on the side of not communicating our process enough to help keep everyone connected to the challenges and the celebrations, so I hope to alleviate some of that along with Jessica’s blog. See you (hopefully often) at the Big Picture.

2 comments:

Brian Feldman said...

So then this blog isn't about A. Whitney Brown's old SNL segment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._Whitney_Brown

http://tinyurl.com/yctw6w

Anonymous said...

Yes, Virginia, there is somebody out here!

Actually, I was trying to find some way to communicate with the Alliance online to let you know how much I enjoyed the Lavapalooza Tuesday night. My thanks to the generous sponsor(s).

While there were several people there I knew, there were others I met for the first time with whom I had some very interesting conversations. I came away feeling the time was very well spent and that I had gathered worthwhile information.

So, THANK YOU and Happy Holidays!

Colleen Cleary